Wednesday, May 4, 2011

351 Days Left: Wedding Magazines Blow



It blows my mind, just how many of these Wedding magazines exist. I know this because every single one of them is in my apartment. If 50% of all of the people getting married are guys, then how come 100%  of wedding magazines are for women? Oh that's right, because we don't care.

In a day and age where long running magazines are going out of business everyday, it seems like there are more of these paper-wasters around then ever. I've flipped through a few of these, just to see what all the fuss was about, and I've noticed a few things.

1. Who the hell is paying $15 for a magazine that doesn't offer any sexual gratification?  Women! The cheapest one of these things I could find was $9.99 ($8.99 CAN). I know that in the scheme of planning a wedding it is a very small price to pay, but since the average bride-to-be buys like 50 of these things, that's $500 worth of wasted coin.

2. They are all the exact same. I'm pretty sure that some mad genius came up with a way to repackage the same 200 pages of photos, adds, and "funny" wedding stories, and re-sell this crap to the same vulnerable bride, over and over and over again. Great scam. I only wish i had thought of it. 

3. They never make the women in these magazines too hot. Once again, good for the ladies, bad for us guys who get stuck flipping through one of these on the can. This is another calculated move so that the lady buying these doesn't feel threatened. I'll assume in the modeling world being a "wedding mag model" is only a step above being a picture frame model or hand model.

4. All of the "tips to spice up your honeymoon" are clearly written by women, because not one of your ideas involving "vanilla candles" or "strip poetry" turn me on. If you need to fill pages of your magazines that badly, just through in a few more ads for "The New Mrs. ________ Underwear."

5. Speaking of ads, these mags are 99% full of them. It's pre-wedding propaganda. If your woman reads enough of these, her mind will be filled with lacy crap she all of the sudden "needs."

If at all possible, avoid the wedding mag industry at all costs... and costly it is.

"Where is my issue of Monster Bride Monthly?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment