Wednesday, May 11, 2011

345 Days Left: I Had a Dream

I may not be nearly as historically significant as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., however, I too have dreams, and last night was a doozy. As I was laying beside my future bride (who wears ear plugs to avoid my snoring), I was Inception layer 5 deep into a dream about my wedding. Everyone was there, even all of the friends who i won't invite. As I was walking down the aisle, i tripped, and fell into a black hole. As I was falling through this dark endless tunnel, I awoke. Weird?

It got me thinking that if you can't die in a dream, and you can't get married in a dream... is it one in the same? Not that marriage is the same thing as getting run over by a truck (one is virtually painless), but that your single self does die the moment you get hitched. Many of my married friends are happy, (others are already divorced... and even happier), but there is always something slightly different about them. It's like eating at a McDonald's in America verses in another country. All of the ingredients are pretty much the same, but it just tastes slightly different.

I don't want my single self to die. I like my single self. Is it possible to be married, yet single at the same time? I'm not talking about just sex, but that twinkle in your [single] penis, the way you walk, talk, drink, hang-out. Does it all disappear on the wedding day? At the risk of sounding like that horsey chick from Sex in The City, how can a man keep his single spirit alive, while being married? That will be my ultimate goal...that, and never referencing Sex in the city again...ever.

Tonight Mr. Wiggles will be the transportation & the entrée. 

No comments:

Post a Comment