Monday, April 25, 2011

360 Days Left: Steak or Fish or Aggravation?

I don't know what I am going to have for lunch today, and that's in the next hour. How am I supposed to know what I feel like eating 360 days from now for dinner? However, that it what I am supposed to be "thinking about" today, because apparently it takes a kitchen full of skilled chefs 350 days to make a steak and a cake on the same night. Why else would they need all of this information so soon?

The food aspect of the wedding was one of the parts i was looking forward to most. I have spent most of my single life using food and drinks to woo and seduce women, and I was looking forward to letting chefs, venues, and caterers, try to seduce me for a change. And, no better way to seduce this guy then with finger sized pigs in a blanket and expensive cuts of meat.

I thought this process of putting together a wedding menu was going to involve lots of people shoveling lots of delicious food into my mouth, while i lazily sat there and gave either a thumbs up or thumbs down (unless i was to lazy, in which case i would just grunt my approval). Unfortunately,  putting together a dinner for an army of friends takes at least a little effort, and a seemingly endless amount of time. So as I head out of here to eat my lunch, (still don't know what it will be), I'll be thinking about what I feel like eating in over 1,000 meal from now.

In case you are wondering, "food" was not an acceptable answer according to my fiancĂ©e. Bon Apatite!

Future gold medalist at the Mexican Olympics? 

No comments:

Post a Comment