Saturday, April 30, 2011

355 Days Left: Save the Date.

I know that 90% of wedding "must haves" are bullshit add on fees that suckers like you and me get roped into just going along with. However, there may be no bigger waste of money and trees then those stupid SAVE THE DATE cards. It would be like calling someone just to let them know that you will be calling them again soon.

I don't know who makes a living out of writing in coligrifi, but this whole SAVE THE DATE nonsense is keeping their limp writs afloat.

Id rather just receive an extra $5 included in my wedding invitation, rather than another fancy post card to hang on my already over crowded fridge door. I know that wedding addvicates will argue that a save the date is important to give potential guests plenty of time to book flights, get hotels, come up with excuses as to why they "can't" attend, ect, however, if we all accept this save the date as a necessary step in the process, then when will it ever stop?

Save the date for the save the date?

Save the year?

How about saving us all some money, and just be surprised when the invitation comes in the mail, like god and the postmaster general intended.

ON that (postage free) note, I'm off to look at Save The Date Cards. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment