Wednesday, April 27, 2011

358 Days Left: Wedding TV Takeover

I've noticed a few changes that have taken place since getting engaged. Primarily, I notice all of the women whom I can't have sex with anymore; but I've also noticed that my TIVO is full of a lot more wedding shows. My first thought is "who the hell would watch a show called 'Say Yes to The Dress'?" My second thought is "where is the delete button, and where is the season of Always Sunny I recorded?"

There are far too many wedding themed shows, movies, (blogs), ect. Don't we all have to go to enough of these things as is? Now, they have found a way to infiltrate my home and TIVO box too.

Between all the Bridezillas, and Wedding Cakeover shows, us guys are running out of patience, and more importantly, TIVO space. To be fair, I've never actually watched one of these shows, but I'm pretty sure I get the gist of it, and I dont like it. The real problem is that while these shows turn our TVs into mini wedding chapels, they also turn our future wives into WEDDING IDEA HOARDERS.

"On WEDDING WARS I saw this..."
"On I DO TO THE SHOE, I saw this..."
"On DATELINE: WEDDING NIGHT MURDER, I saw this..."

We get it. By the time you have to make up your mind about flowers or dresses or murder detectives, you've seen far too much of this stuff to make a timely decision.

Say Yes to the Dress... How about SAY NO TO THE SHOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment